Welcome to the OTAC Advocacy Center!
The OTAC Advocacy and Government Affairs Committee is dedicated to ensuring a proactive and timely response to legislative or regulatory activity which may impact the practice of occupational therapy. Read more about the Committee's purpose and functions.Resources to Help You Be a Stronger Advocate for OT
Tips for Building Effective Relations with Elected Officials | download
Be a Virtual Advocate
- Internet. You can support advocacy by listening to hearings, floor sessions and press conferences over the Internet. Check it out.
- TV. You can view legislative proceedings on the California channel. Check it out.
- Locate and Track. Do you want to find legislative bill information on your own? Track bills of interest to you? Bookmark your favorite bills? Go to this link. https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/
- Find Your Legislator. Find your legislator by zip code and links to legislators' websites. Check it out at www.leginfo.ca.gov.
OTAC-PAC - make an online donation today, or download the donation form. Political contributions help ensure OTAC's access to political decision so that we can advocate on important issues for occuaptional therapy practitioners. Click here to learn more about the PAC.
- California Office of the Governor - www.gov.ca.gov.
- California Board of Occupational Therapy (CBOT) - attend their Board meetings, dates and location are posted under Board. Locate information about licensing and proposed and new regulations. www.bot.ca.gov.
CBOT Committees - You are invited to participate.
- Division of Workers Compensation - http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/dwc_home_page.htm.
- AOTA Federal Affairs information - www.aota.org. Click on Federal Affairs.
Contact the Committee Chair to learn more about their activities and how to volunteer:
Sabrena McCarley. MBA-SL, OTR/L