Welcome to the OTAC Advocacy Center!
The OTAC Advocacy and Government Affairs Committee is dedicated to ensuring a proactive and timely response to legislative or regulatory activity which may impact the practice of occupational therapy. Read more about the Committee's purpose and functions.
Upcoming Advocacy Events
- Region 1 - 2nd Annual Legislative Reception, Anaheim, CA - March 15, 2014 | Registration Form | Register Online
- Region 2 - 5th Annual Legislative Reception, Gelndale, CA - April 10, 2014 | Registration Form | Register Online
Resources to Help You Be a Stronger Advocate for OT
2013 Legislative Bill Overview - learn more about the legislative bills that OTAC reviewed, analyzed, and is advocating on your behalf.
Find Your Legislator - You can find your legislator by zip code, link to legislators' websites, find out about pending or signed legislation all at www.leginfo.ca.gov.
OTAC-PAC - make an online donation today, or download the donation form. Political contributions help ensure OTAC's access to political decision so that we can advocate on important issues for occuaptional therapy practitioners. Click here to learn more about the PAC.
- California Office of the Governor - www.gov.ca.gov.
- California Board of Occupational Therapy (CBOT) - attend their Board meetings, dates and location are posted under Board. Locate information about licensing and proposed and new regulations. www.bot.ca.gov.
CBOT Committees - You are invited to participate.
- Division of Workers Compensation - http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/dwc_home_page.htm.
- AOTA Federal Affairs information - www.aota.org. Click on Federal Affairs.
Contact the Committee co-chairs to learn more about their activities and how to volunteer:
Luis Arabit, MA, OTR/L,