Advocacy and Government Affairs Committee
Committee PurposeTo ensure a proactive and timely response to legislative or regulatory activity within the State of Californa which may impact the pratice of occupational therapy.
- To recommend to the OTAC Board of Directors legislative positions on all bills and/or regulations viewed.
- To recommend amendments to bills or regulations, to the legislature to assure integrity of occupational therapy practice in California.
- To provide oral and written testimony on government affairs issues as appropriate.
- To provide the OTAC lobbyist with informaton necessary to carry positions to the OTAC Board of Directors.
- To encourage direct interaction of the OTAC membership with legislators at local and state levels.
- To have direct communication with the OTAC regions.
Contact the Committee Chair
Sabrena McCarley, MBA-SL, OTR/L
Meet the OTAC Lobbyist
Jennifer Snyder, MPA, is a partner in Capitol Advocacy, LLC, one of Sacramento's premier lobbying firms. She has 20 years of legislative and advocacy experience with an emphasis on health and human services issues in California. She has a bachelor's degree in political science and a master's degree in health administration. Ms. Snyder's legislative career was spent in the California State Senate for five years as a legislative consultant specializing in health and education issues. She then served as the legislative director for the California Association of Health Facilities and the California Alliance of Child and Family Services. In 2000, she was hired by the California Hospital Association to spearhead their psychiatric hospital advocacy program. Ms. Snyder joined Capitol Advocacy in 2003, and became a partner in 2006. She has since worked with a broad range of clients on a wide array of issues in the legislative, administrative, and regulatory settings.