Welcome to the OTAC Student Center!
OTAC recognizes and celebrates that OT/OTA students are the bright future of the profession and the Association. In support of its student members, OTAC offers benefits that students find particularly valuable including the OTAC Student Leadership Committee.
OTAC Student Benefits include:
- Discounted student membership dues - only $50 annually.
- Discounted first year practitioner dues - only $100 for OTs and $85 for COTAs. (You must have been a student member with no lapse in membership to take advantage of this discount. Contact the OTAC office when you graduate and they will assist you with transitioning your membership to first year practitioner.)
- The E-Z Payment Plan affording all members the opportunity to pay for their membership in three equal installments.
- Student membership scholarships. Some funds are set aside to aid students with a financial need with their membership dues.
- Scholarships, traineeships, and grants offered for members through the California Foundation for Occupational Therapy. Click here to view for promotional flyer.
- Student Academy, Scholorships, and Loan Repayments. Available through the Health Professions Education Foundation.
- Online Career Center. Students can also connect with exhibiting recruiters in the exhibit hall at OTAC's Annual Conference in October.
- Advocacy. OTAC works tirelessly to advocate for the future of OT.
- Professional development, networking, and recognition opportunities:
- Reduced registration at the Annual Conference and Spring Symposium for students.
- Student-focused tracks at the Annual Conference and Spring Symposium.
- Opportunity to present at both conferences.
- Opportunity to write for the OTAC Newsletter.
- Student Leadership Commmittee - must be a member.
- Student Delegate Committee, a subcommittee of the Student Leadership Committee - must be a member.
- Outstanding Student Award, one student is honored annually at the Annual Awards Ceremony in conjunction with the Annual Conference with this award - must be a member.
- School Recognition Program. Schools are recognized at the Annual Conference based on the percentage of student members.
- 2015 School Recognition Recipients - Gold Level - American Career College, Dominican University, St. Augustine University, Stanbridge College, University of Southern California, West Coast University; Bronze Level - San Jose State University
10 Things New College Grads Should Do to Plan Their Financial Lives
OT as a Career - useful information for prospective students
OT Schools in California/Outside
OTA Schools in California
University of Southern California’s Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy Department’s OT Talk Podcast
Contact the Student Leadership Committee Co-Chairs for More Information:
Jerilyn (Gigi) Smith, PhD, OTR/L, SWC