Practice, Ethics, and Reimbursement Committee
To assure that occupational therapy is a reimbursable service among all applicable payer programs and to provide a communication link regarding practice, ethics, and reimbursement issues affecting occupational therapy in California between OTAC and:
- Occupational therapy practitioners.
- The California Board of Occupational Therapy (CBOT) and its Practice Committee.
- Other professional organizations and agencies, community agencies and programs, and consumers.
Committee General Functions
- To identify, analyze, and help resolve practice, ethics, and reimbursement issues
- To monitor practice and reimbursement trends in California.
- To educate third party payers and employers regarding the cost and health benefits of occupational therapy intervention.
- To identify, develop, interpret, review, and revise documents related to practice, ethics, and reimbursement.
- To provide a mechanism for exchanging information on practice, ethics, and reimbursement issues at local, state, and national levels.
- To provide input to CBOT and its Practice Committee as appropriate relative to development, interpretation, and implementation of regulations, and practice, ethics, and reimbursement issues as an advocate and education resource for OTAC.
Contact the Committee Co-Chairs
Elizabeth Gomes, MS, OTR/L
|Tracey Airth-Edblom, OTD, OTR/L, CHT