Professional Development and Leadership Committee
The provide leadership, coordination, and support for continuing education of occupational therapy practitioners throughout the state.
Committee Strategic Plan Goals
- To provide every occupational therapy practitioner in California with opportunities for professional development.
- To be the preferred provider for occupational therapy continuing education activities.
- To endorse evidence-based practice in all continuing education activities supported by OTAC.
- To incorporate occupation-based practice into continuing education activities.
- To cultivate leaders in our profession.
Committee General Functions
- To design, implement, and coordinate continuing education.
- To assure the provision of refresher courses for those wishing to reenter the OT workforce.
- To develop, design, implement, and monitor co-sponsored workshops/seminars.
- To assess, identify, and respond to OTAC's members' needs for continuing education.
- To provide resources and support to the OTAC regions.
- To develop and maintain a network to sponsor workshops and locate speakers.
- To maintain and disseminate master calendar of OTCA continuing education.
- To participate in strategic planning process.
Click here to go to the Continuing Education Center.
Contact the Committee Chairs
Kimberly Carter, OTD,