Welcome to the OTAC Member Benefits Center!
Advocacy! Education! Resources/Information! Community!
Advocacy: Federal, State, and Regulatory - Protecting Occupational Therapy Practitioners
Visit the OTAC Advocacy Center to learn how to connect with your elected officials as well as more information on current advocacy activities. On behalf of its members, OTAC works to:
- protect the occupational therapy livelihood in California
- advocate for the profession
- safeguard practice issues
- support occupational therapy practitioners through our political action committee
- represent occupational therapy practitioners on reimbursement issues with third-party payers, workers' compensation, and others
- who else is advocating on your behalf?
Education/Professional Development - Grow Personally and Professionally!
Visit the OTAC Continuing Education Center to learn more about continuing education opportunities. On behalf of its members, OTAC works to:
- provide affordable continuing education, including
- Annual Conference in October
- Annual Spring Symposium in April
- podcasts and webinars
- all of these activities are provided at a discount to OTAC members
- provide personal and professional growth opportunities through committee and leadership opportunities
- provide access to job opportunities through the OTAC Online Career Center
- provide access to education, traineeships, and research grants through the California Foundation for Occupational Therapy (CFOT)
Resources/Information - Enhance Your Knowledge!
Visit the OTAC Communications Center to access the many sources of information available to members:
- OTAC newsletter
- OTAC electronic announcements and newsletters
- OT Calendar of professional activities around the state
- practice related publications such as the Guidelines to Transitioning to New Areas of Practice
Community - Connect with Your Peers!
Networking is an invaluable tool affording you access to information and individuals vital to your personal and professional growth. OTAC offers a variety of networking opportunities to match your needs:
- online membership directory - search for members by various categories - members-only access
- Annual Conference
- Annual Spring Symposium
- present at the Annual Conference or Spring Symposium - California-based occupational therapy practitioners must be members to qualify to present
- social media outlets such as
- Facebook - Come Poke OTAC on Facebook. Stay up to date on current OTAC activities! Find out about OTAC members, events, continuing education, leadership and volunteering opportunities. Share your spunk for OT with the OTAC community by uploading pictures and posting comments.
- LinkedIn - Join OTAC's Professional Network Circle. Stay in touch with current and past colleagues, including OTAC, on OTAC's Professional Network on LinkedIn. Connect with other California OTs and OTAs.
OTAC's Corporate Members support the Association at the highest membership level. We appreciate their support and confidence in our work on behalf of the occupational therapy profession. We encourage you to consider these members when researching products and services.