If you are not a current OTAC member, or if your membership has recently lapsed, you will not be able to use this login. Please renew or join using the "Join Today" or "Renew Today" links below.
2020 OT in Mental Health Symposium
Earn up to 6 PDUs
DATE, TIME, LOCATION
April 25, 2020
8:00am - 4:30pm
More details to come!
- 8am – 9am – Registration and Light Breakfast
- 9am – 10am – Introduction and Keynote – Anne MacRae, PhD, OTR/L, BCMH, FAOTA, Professor Emerita San Jose State University
- 10:15am – 11:15am – Lived Experience – Presenter to be announced
- 11:15am – Noon – The Impact of Hearing Voices on Sexuality and Relationships – Emilio Villavicencio, OTS, and Kristen Gottheil, OTS
- Noon – 1pm – Networking Lunch
- 1pm – 2pm – Building Innovative Roles for Mental Health OTs in a Nonprofit Setting – Michelle Burlyga, MS, OTR/L
- 2pm – 3pm – Introduction to Culturally Responsive Care – Beth Ching, OTD, M.Ed, OTR/L
- 3pm – 3:15pm – Break
- 3:15pm – 3:45pm – Emerging Roles in Occupational Therapy: A Panel
- 3:45pm – 4:15pm – Speak Out!
- 4:15pm – 4:30pm – Wrap Up and Evaluation
- 5:00pm – Post-event social at Paper Plane, an easy-going, fun atmosphere, with world class crafted cocktails. Must be 21. Not included in registration.
$50 retained to cover processing costs. Written notice must be received in OTAC office by April 17, 2020 to be eligible for refunds. No refunds after this date. Disclaimer: OTAC reserves the right to make changes to the program. No refunds will be made based on these changes.