Are you having password or login issues? We are here to help! Email us at or use the chat box to connect with OTAC staff.
Please renew or join using the "Join Today" or "Renew Today" links further below in order to access the Member Login.
Be A Member! Join Today!
Renew Your Membership Today
Click here for easy to follow online renewal instructions!
Calendar of Events
View the latest events
To assure that occupational therapy is a reimbursable service among all applicable payer programs and to provide a communication link regarding practice, ethics, and reimbursement issues affecting occupational therapy in California between OTAC and:
- Occupational therapy practitioners.
- The California Board of Occupational Therapy (CBOT) and its Practice Committee.
- Other professional organizations and agencies, community agencies and programs, and consumers.
Committee General Functions
- To identify, analyze, and help resolve practice, ethics, and reimbursement issues
- To monitor practice and reimbursement trends in California.
- To educate third party payers and employers regarding the cost and health benefits of occupational therapy intervention.
- To identify, develop, interpret, review, and revise documents related to practice, ethics, and reimbursement.
- To provide a mechanism for exchanging information on practice, ethics, and reimbursement issues at local, state, and national levels.
- To provide input to CBOT and its Practice Committee as appropriate relative to development, interpretation, and implementation of regulations, and practice, ethics, and reimbursement issues as an advocate and education resource for OTAC.
- Access the Resource Center which contains documents produced and/or posted by the Committee.
- Access the Practitioner's Center.
OT School-based Practice Subcommittee: Practice, Ethics, & Reimbursement Committee
OTAC is advocating for a credential for occupational therapists practicing in the California public schools. OTAC representatives have met with the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) and key Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA) leaders with positive reception and feedback. The next step is to provide evidence of support from our profession.
Thank you to everyone who answered our survey.
For more information read our letter to the members, FAQs and OT School-based Credential Issue Statement.
Julie Bissell, OTD, OTR/L, ATP
Lisa Test, OTD, OTR/L